Eight award-winning dance crews from the U.S. and Canada will battle for a $5,000 grand prize at this summer’s McDonald’s B-Boy Royale 3, New York City’s largest annual breaking tournament. An invitation-only competition, each team and/or its members are required to have won at least two major championship titles. The eight crews entering this year are:
• Beast Coast (New York – Philadelphia)
• Beat Whackz (New Jersey – Virginia – Philadelphia)
• The Brothers (Texas)
• Gravity Benders (Wisconsin)
• Illz (New Jersey – Toronto – Florida)
• Last Samurai (Massachusetts, California)
• Maximum Efficiency Crew (Toronto – Montreal)
• Optimistic Crew (Minnesota)
The event will also feature showcase performances, audience competitions, live music performances and the presentation of the 2016 McDonald’s B-Boy Royale Lifetime Achievement Award to Michael ‘Boogaloo Shrimp’ Chambers, legendary star of the 80’s dance classics Breakin’ and Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo.
Presale tickets are available through 11:59 p.m. Monday, June 6 (Eastern Time) at www.McDonaldsBBoyRoyale.com. All ticket proceeds will benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities of the New York Tri-State Area, a non-profit organization that supports programs that directly improve the health and well-being of children in the areas of health, education, the arts, and civic and social services.