In the city that never sleeps, it’s all about the breaks.
McDonald’s B-Boy Royale, New York City’s largest annual breaking tournament, returns this summer with eight award-winning crews battling it out for a $5,000 grand prize. The event will also feature showcase performances, audience competitions and live music performances.
The eight crews competing at McDonald’s B-Boy Royale 3 are:
• Beast Coast (New York – Philadelphia)
• Beat Whackz (New Jersey – Virginia – Philadelphia)
• The Brothers (Texas)
• Gravity Benders (Wisconsin)
• Illz (New Jersey – Toronto – Florida)
• Last Samurai (Massachusetts, California)
• Maximum Efficiency Crew (Toronto – Montreal)
• Optimistic Crew (Minnesota)
Michael “Boogaloo Shrimp” Chambers, legendary star of the 80’s dance classics Breakin’ and Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo, will be honored with the McDonald’s B-Boy Royale Lifetime Achievement Award for his contributions to the breaking world during a career that spans four decades.
McDonald’s B-Boy Royale 3 takes place on August 27 at the NYU Skirball Center for the Performing Arts. All proceeds benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities of the New York Tri-State area.
Join the conversation with #bboyroyale3
Presale tickets are available for $15 through 11:59 p.m. Monday, June 6 (Eastern Time) at NYU Skirball.